Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Halloween

Yesterday I decided to take Elly to the doctor b/c she'd been waking up with stomach pain, sometimes to the point of not being able to get back to sleep for a couple hours and lots of crying, even shaking. The doctor said it didn't sound like anything to worry about and to try simethicone, and if that didn't work to try a Tums. We'll see what works.

Since we were going in I decided it had been long enough and that Kes could get her HiB vax. Well, it decidedly did not go as well as the DTaP. She was very fussy last night, actually crying a real cry, for the better part of a few hours. She also had a low grade fever, and a hot hard lump at the site of the injection. The fever is still there today but slight, and the hard lump is there but smaller and not as hot. I think it's a mild reaction but we will be talking to the doctor about it for sure. At least I know what shot caused it since we separated them.

So, since Kes was so miserable, we did not do Halloween. Luckily Elly did not know what she was missing. I'm keeping her costume, so I'll have to put her in it sometime soon just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment