Friday, August 11, 2006

Sick and tired... but cute!

Yesterday the kids woke up with fevers. Elly's went as high as 104.3 yesterday, and Kes's went up to 101.5. Today, Elly has been between 100-101.5 and Kes has been about 101-102. I have no fever but feel quite drained.

Man, they're cute, though. Kes has said "cuddle" (duhduh) more times in the past two days than she's said all her other words combined in the past week. And Elly has been using language so well to tell me about how she is feeling. She said, "my body feels hot." And when I dragged them to the grocery store this morning, Elly said about every man we walked past in the store, "I don't like that kind of man."

Then at home today I sent her to her room for kicking. A few minutes later I see her walking down the hallway with her eyes covered. Because, after all, if she can't see me, I can't see her.

Later she told me she drew a new picture for me. She showed me her magnadoodle and it was a picture of a face with two eyes, a big nose, and a straight mouth. I asked her to tell me about it, and she said, "It's a grumpy face who needs to blow his nose."

No comments:

Post a Comment