Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Elly quotes

A recent morning, sick: "I love Mommy mucher than Daddy."

When Scott came home this evening (she is still getting over her cold): "Daddy, daddy! Mommy gave me some honey, just honey by itself, because I sounded like a 13 year old boy. It was sweet. But there's still a lot left in the jar."

Elly: "Mommy, I want a baby to come out of your belly now."
Me: "It can't come out because there's nothing in there."
Elly: "But when it comes out, can I see it?"
Me: "Sure. It takes a long time for a baby to come out, so Grandma will take care of you, and she'll bring you in when it's time for the baby to be born."
Elly: "No, Mommy. I want to see the whole. I don't want to miss anything!"
(Hmmm... maybe she does take after me just a little bit.)

She's obsessed with the gender of the mice in a book we have: "Mommy, wait, don't turn the page. I have to keep looking."
Me: "What are you looking for?"
Elly: "I want to see if they're boys or girls. I don't see any penis in their fur. Maybe they're all girls!"
(Yeah, or maybe it wouldn't be appropriate to draw mouse genitalia in a children's book.)

Scott: "What kind of bird is that?" (pointing to vulture in book)
Elly: "A pelican."
Scott: "No, I think it's a vulture."
Elly: "Well, pelican is vulture in Hebrew."

No comments:

Post a Comment