Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Daddy's birthday

I wrote "Happy Birthday to my Daddy" on a card for Kes to decorate.

Me: "Elly, do you want me to write anything on your card or do you want to do it yourself?"
Elly: "All myself." (takes paper) "Happy Birthday. Ha - H, A. Happy, hap - P. Happy. Mommy, does happy have one E or 2 E's?"
Me: "What letter is a borrower that sometimes borrows from E?"
Elly: "A? No. Y? Yeah, Y. Happy, Y. Birthday. B. Bir - R. Bir, f. No, th. T, H, right Mommy?"
Me: "Right."
Elly: "T. H. No that's not an H. I'll make that into a square for the H. H." (writes H inside square) "Day. D. A. Mommy what's next?"
Me: "How do you spell Day?"
Elly: "D-A-Y. Y."

So Daddy has a beautiful card with HAPY BRTHDAY on it, except it says more like
HAP
THDA
BRYY
because she doesn't totally get the whole L-R in a line thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment