Thursday, February 10, 2011

School. (Mine.)

I appear not to have chosen a midwifery school that is structured in a way that fits my learning style. Fortunately for me, I will be able to seek information in addition to my school program to round out my knowledge. Even more fortunately for me, I've got a preceptor who is taking it on herself to provide me with guideposts for this learning process and who organizes these guideposts in a fashion that is much better suited to my learning style and my goals for myself.

Wonderful preceptors are priceless; wonderful preceptors who are a good match with their apprentices are even a notch above that. (Hopefully apprentices who are a good match with their preceptors provide a fair trade of benefits... I can't imagine that I do as much for them as they do for me, but I suppose I will figure that out when I'm experienced enough to have my own apprentices...)

No comments:

Post a Comment