Monday, October 15, 2012

Typing

I am teaching Eliana how to properly type.  Today, she wanted to watch me type, to see how I keep my hands centered and move my fingers.  I stopped talking, and while she talked to me, I typed back.  Here's the transcript of my side of the conversation:

"I love Eliana so very very much that I am going to kiss her a zillion times.  Don't run away, not right now.  I have a whole lifetime to keep kissing her and kissing her.  Plus she’s sick and snotty and so am I.  So why would I want to kiss her right now?  Yucky.  Ew.  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.  Get off!  No more kisses!  Please please please.  Ew now she’s touching her stinky feet.  Eeeeew.  Go wash your hands.  Maybe you should put on some socks.  Weren’t you going to read some more?  Or are you having too much fun watching Doctor Who?  No sneezing allowed.  Ew no don't kiss me now.  Phew, but I could smell your snotty breath.  Ew ew ew.  Haven’t I ever told you that giggling and silliness are not allowed in this household?  Well, then why are you giggling?  No coughing allowed either.  Now, go wash your hands, and then what should we do?  Type what?  Every what?  Infinity infinity infinity infinity.  You said type everything.  So, infinity.  Yes?  What is it my darling snotty child?  That would take 33 years.  Type what?  What about?  Ask me a question.  You still can’t understand.  You won’t be able to understand how much I love you until you become a mommy yourself.  And then you won’t believe it, because you’ll think you love your children more than any other mommy in the whole wide world loves her children, even more than I love you.  That’s how much I love you.  So I’d love to tell you all about it, but you still won’t know for many many years."  

She was uncontrollably giggling through about the first half of this. Then, the question she asked was, "What have you wanted me to understand since I was a baby, but I couldn't understand then?"

No comments:

Post a Comment