Monday, June 27, 2005

Eliana is two!

Well, Eliana's birthday and her party were both fun, for all of us! Tiring, but fun.

On her birthday we just sang to her and had her open some presents. Yesterday was the big party day. We had a ton of friends and family over. I think everyone enjoyed it. Elly got to open a ton of presents from us and her grandparents (a couple guests ignored the invite and brought presents too). She enjoyed being sung to, and did a great job trying to blow out her candle (Mommy helped). She even ate some cake this year! But then noticed the ice cream on her plate... and she'll take ice cream over cake hands down.

She is really enjoying having some age-appropriate toys now. All her old toys were very much outgrown... I even boxed them up the night before her birthday in anticipation of their replacement. She is really enjoying her new baby dolls, stroller, beach ball, and of course her singing and dancing Blue (of Blue's Clues fame), and oinking pig (yes I broke down and got her THE piggy). But really everything is being enjoyed! She just loves having new toys and books and music!

Tomorrow is her 2 year doctor's appointment. It's her first appointment with the new practice - hope I like them - and of course I'm curious to find out her stats now. They'll be getting the whole hospital story too... gotta make sure they're vigilant about keeping me informed about her weight and any adjustments I need to make about her diet. I'll hopefully post tomorrow with that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment