Tuesday, March 28, 2006

playing catch-up

Wow... time truly flies. Here's a bit of what's been going on in the past month and a half.

We went to Tahoe with our Minnesota friends - our kids' first time in snow! Eliana loved it, though she got tired of it as soon as she got cold. Her favorite part was playing "splat" (snowball fight) with Daddy. Kes rode around on my front or back in my new baby trekker. Eliana adored our friends, and even glommed on to Teri in particular, always asking "Where's Miss Ter?"

Purim was shortly after that and we went to the Purim carnival at our synagogue. Elly really enjoyed it, especially one station that had a bunch of rubber ducks in a tub of water that she had to use a fish net to capture one. It was a hard concept that the next time we went to synagogue the carnival was gone. She had no trouble leaving it that day, but expected it would still be there the next time we went.

Then this past week was the Lamaze seminar - finally! It seems like I've been signed up to go to it for such a long time. It was a wonderful experience, really made me excited to get certified and start teaching. I agree wholeheartedly with the Lamaze philosophy and hope to be able to make a difference for some women, so they can avoid the disappointment and guilt that I and some of my friends have felt. I think even if they don't end up with the birth they imagine, the philosophy will help them cope better with it. On top of that, the other 7 women in the class are vibrant, amazing, wonderful people whom I feel lucky to have met and gotten to know, and the instructors are two incredible women as well.

The only downside was that it did affect Elly a bit. At first she was just mad at me - doing lots of push-me-pull-me when I was home in the evenings. Now she is clingy. I cuddled her for the entire hour it took her to go to sleep tonight, rather than just checking on her every 10 minutes as usual. Poor babe. I missed her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment