Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Mama Kes

Kes has always been such a lovey girl, but since turning one she has started showering her love not only on human beings but on stuffed animals. She has a favorite kitty that has become her sleeping lovey, and has even called out for it in the middle of the night (after calling out "Naynay!" and me making my appearance, she called, "Didda!")

The past few days, she has turned her affection to one of Elly's dolls. She picks it up and hugs it, saying "doydoy". Then today she started rocking while she was hugging it. It was so nurturing it brought tears to my eyes. (Then I remembered she IS a second-born Anderson girl and the nurturing temperment is just bound to happen... I guess I've gotten so used to her tantrums - also to be expected with a second-born Anderson girl, especially a redheaded one - that the nurturing was so touching.) Then she said, "Naynay!" And I said, "Oh, you want to nurse your dolly?" and she held it out to me for me to nurse it. I said, "How about Kessa do it?" and she looked confused but then cradled it in her arms in some semblance of a nursing hold and grinned at me.

That's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment