Thursday, January 11, 2007

Elly quotables

10/23
Elly, puffing out her chest and holding the bottom of her ribcage:
"Look, I have breastes!" Puffing out and drawing in her ribcage - "Now I do, now I don't, now I do, now I don't."

10/24
"I'm wiping up the oval, because it's very ovally."

10/29
"Excuse me, Mommy!" (pause) "I know how to scuse me, but I don't know how to pardon me!"
10/30
"Pardon me, Mommy... I learned how to pardon me!"

11/2
"There's Daddy! I very love him." (Very is still pronounced "berry")

11/4 - a new phase of dropping the -ee sound
"Mommy, can I use the squeege?"
"Did we already say the ha-motz?"
"Mama, does this restaurant have macarone for me to eat?"

11/13
Wearing her blinky shoes, jumped up and down. "Mommy, they BLUNK!!!"

12/6

"Look! A squirrel!" (pause) "Squirrel, mooooove!!!" (pause) "He's not moving. I think he's dead."

12/9
Cuddling in bed in the morning, playing with my ring, I explained to her that's the ring Daddy gave me when he asked me to marry him.
Elly: "Was I at your wedding?"
Me: "No, honey, you weren't born yet. We got married first and then you were born later."
Elly: "But I went to Uncle Brian and Aunt Katie's wedding. When I grow up, can I still go to weddings?"
Me: "Yes. When you grow up, you can even have your own wedding. You will find a very special man and marry him."
Elly: "But I already have a special man. Daddy!"
Me: "Yes, but Daddy is already married."
Elly: "Oh. Well, Uncle Mike's a special man too."
Me: "Yes, but Uncle Mike is already married too, he's married to Aunt Cathy."
Elly: "Oh. But how do I know a special man?"
Me: "Your special man is still a little boy, but you will grow up and he will grow up and then you will meet him and find out he is special."
Elly: "Mommy, then I will grow up first."

12/10
Cuddling in bed in the morning, Elly grabs both me and Scott around the neck. "But Mommy, I'm already married! I'm married to you and Daddy!!!"

12/14
Scott was putting the kids in the car in the morning, and as usual, Elly was dilly-dallying in the front yard. I go out and find her on the front sidewalk.
Me: "Elly, it's time to get in the car."
Elly: "But Mommy, I'm looking at the sleeping mouse!"
(oh, no)
Me: "Ohhh, Elly... Didja touch it???"
Elly: (gleefully) "I DID!!!"
(as we go in the house to wash her hands...)
"But why do I have to wash my hands? But why do mouses have germs? But why was the mouse sleeping?"

No comments:

Post a Comment