Sunday, December 16, 2007

Haircuts

I entered the living room the other day to find Eliana with my nail scissors in one hand and her brand-new doll in the other, saying, "my girl needs a haircut now", with hair from Kessa's brand-new doll already all over the floor. I sent her to her room (admittedly with a little more passion than was needed, though I did want to make an impression so she would no longer a) take things out of my drawer or b) cut her dollies' hair).

Wanting to see what damage had been done, I started searching the floor for Kes's doll, the one whose hair matched the hair scattered on the rug. Kes claimed she didn't know where it was, they hadn't been using it. "Sister not cut my girl's hair."

Then I started collecting the hair on the floor and thought, gosh my mom did a great job finding a doll with exactly the same color hair as Kes!

Oh. My. Gaw.

I asked, "Kes, did sister cut your hair?" "Yeah" said Kes. I asked her to let me see her head, and sure enough, in back, there is a piece about the girth of my pinky finger that is about 4 inches shorter than the rest of her hair. A few smaller chunks are gone too. Fortunately, Kes has such a wild head of hair that nobody notices.

I am just thankful they were only nail scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment