Friday, March 13, 2009

They're all cute.

Eliana blew up her new hop ball tonight. She couldn't stand to wait any longer for Daddy to get the pump, so she did it herself, with only her mouth. I have always said that her bullheaded personality will serve her well.

She also got a booster seat. She had almost outgrown the top harness slot in the Frontier anyway, and then I saw a news article about the infant SafeSeat flying off its base in the crash, so I moved Donovan to Kessa's convertible Decathlon, moved Kes to the Frontier, and got Eliana a booster, the Monterey by Sunshine Kids. It's impressive. Very similar to the Frontier but minus the harness. Anyway, she loves it. We've had it a week and a half now, and this morning she said, "Oh Mommy, I just love my grown-up seat belt." (Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou...) And I love it, because she actually gets in her seat quickly. No more carseat battles!

Meanwhile, Kessa has gone Canadian on us. "You got your paci, eh?" "We're going to the grocery store, eh?" "We're going to go to the park and ride our bikes, eh Mom?" (Scott mumbled something about Kes talking like a Canadian to me the other day, and yesterday Eliana said, "Mom, Canadians say 'eh' instead of 'hey' because they can't pronounce their H's.")

Donovan has discovered his feet and likes them, especially when they're naked and even more so when he is buck naked (maybe this is due to thoroughly enjoying nudity in general). He anticipates the upcoming actions when I say "kiss" "uuuuup!" and "I'm gonna get you!" He rarely cries but when he does it is heartbreaking. On the other hand, he tends to shriek like a pterydactyl when needing a paci or to nurse, which is less heartbreaking and more ear-piercing.

No comments:

Post a Comment