Saturday, November 27, 2010

They're too smart for my own good.

K: "Treat please."
Me: "You can have one if you can spell that."
K: "T-R-E-A-T P-L-E-A-S-E"
Me: "You did it! So what do you want to eat?"
K: "Pumpkin pie."
Me: "Hmmm... you can have it if you can spell it!"
K: "P-U-M-P-K-I-N P-I-E. Did I do it???"
Me: [OMGmyfiveyearoldcanspellpumpkinandtreatandplease.]

For the record, I was going to give her the pumpkin pie just for trying to spell it. I'm not THAT mean.


E: "Eeeewwwwww, that stinks!!!"
Me: "Yep, we're in the middle of nowhere. It smells like that in some rural places because of all the cows."
E: "Mom, I am so glad we live in suburbia!"


D: (points to spider) "PIE!"
Me: "Yep, that's a spider."
D: "Dada."
Me: "Dad's not here, so we can't show him the spider."
D: "Dada pie."
Me: "Ohhhh, you mean that's a daddy long legs spider. Yes, yes it is."
D: "Me."
Me: "You want the spider?"
D: "No. Ouds me."
Me: "Oh, the spider will hurt you, I get it."
D: "Dada pie ouds me."
Me: "It's not a good idea to touch spiders. Don't touch it and it won't hurt you."
D: "Dada ouds dada pie."
Me: "You want Daddy to kill the spider?"
D: "Yeah, yeah, yeaaaaah."
Me: "Well, dad's not here, but maybe when he comes home."

No comments:

Post a Comment