Sunday, November 7, 2010

Taco Bell

I'm not a fast food person; we generally only eat it on road trips. A few days ago, however, I wasn't near home and had only a few dollars cash in my pocket - no credit cards. So, I took the 3 kids to Taco Bell. They behaved great, in my opinion. The girls sat still, ate nicely, spoke with appropriate volume. Donovan also held his volume and, although he tried to make a break for it once while we were in line, he settled down at the table. After a while, though, he was full, and got down. He started swinging his chair back and forth, which caused a slight "thwunk" sound. I told him to stop and get in his chair, told him I'd have to come get him to stop and put him in his chair if he didn't do it now, and then I went and did it, saying "OK, I'm going to sit you down now."

A very rude voice comes from behind me: "Yes. Thank you."

I turn around and see a man in a business suit, old enough to have grown children if not grandchildren, glaring at me.

Sir. You are in TACO BELL. You are sitting in a plastic chair at a plastic table eating a meal that likely cost you under $3. My children are behaving better than many I have seen in real restaurants. If you don't want to be around children, find a posh place to eat, or eat at your desk. Do not act like I am the inappropriate one because I dared to bring my children in public, and one of them actually acted like a child for one minute out of fifteen. In, did I mention - Taco Bell.

1 comment:

  1. Next time say...

    Do I have to come over there and remove your head from your ass, sir? Because my children are acting quite age appropriately and I have the situation under control. Any more unrequested outbursts from you are not welcome! GOOD DAY!

    ReplyDelete