Friday, December 17, 2010

Lucky

Back story #1: Donovan has been saying "lucky" for a few months now... and it doesn't mean lucky. It means yucky.
Back story #2: Kiki = Kessa and Lala = Eliana
Back story #3: D sleeps in his room and then comes into mine in the morning, nurses in bed, cuddles for a few minutes (or seconds), and then we get up. Sometimes Kessa follows him in and cuddles with us. This is exactly where our story starts.

D points to Kessa. "Kiki lucky."
Me: Kessa's yucky?
D: Noooooo. (smiles) Lala lucky.
Me: Eliana's yucky?
D: Noooooo.
Me: Scott, what's he saying?
D: Dada lucky.
Scott: I'm not yucky!
Me: Maybe he's ribbing us. Is Daddy yucky?
D: Nooooo. Mommy lucky.
He gives me a huge hug and kiss, and makes me kiss him, demonstrating his words, and deliberately says, "Mommy lucky."
And I say, "You mean, are you saying, Mommy loves me?"
D: Yeah! Mommy lucky! Dada lucky! Kiki lala lucky too!

Yes, yes I do. I love that boy. And I'm lucky, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment