Monday, January 17, 2011

Un/limited

Today pretty much all I did was cuddle my sweet baby, nursing for most of the day. He's coughing like crazy on what I hope is the tail end of a flu. I also have it, not the cough but man my throat is painful. It took 800mg of Advil and nonstop Throat Comfort tea to make me stop wincing every time I swallow.

Anyway, my body hurts, no longer from the flu, but from sitting all the time to cuddle D. I'm bored. I can't wait to get back to the usual.

And yet, what a precious day it was. It hurt my heart to see the boyzer so sick again, but I felt lucky to be able to provide him the comfort he sought, and I soaked up the blessing of it. To be a mother, to soothe, to love, to have exactly what your child needs, is a gift I relished today, just as I treasured his small hand around my neck, his arms around my waist while nursing, his head leaned against my shoulder, his "Pleeee," "Huk," "Bleebie," and all the other special smallness of him that is so fleeting.

The beautiful ache of it all is how love is limitless, but time is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment