Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy 6th birthday Kesenia!

Six years ago today, my second baby was born!

Don't all mothers reminisce about meeting their baby on their child's birthday, no matter what their plans for birth or what actually happened during their birth? It's why I wish my friends a happy momiversary, or a happy birthgivinday, or a happy birthiversary instead of or in addition to wishing them a happy birthday for their child.

It was such a healing process for me. Eliana was born in a planned hospital birth with unplanned and unnecessary interventions. Making peace with her birth was a long process that spanned many years, and Kesenia's birth was a leap forward in that for me.

As I reminisce and reread her birth story as I wrote it back then, I can't help but notice again what I've always felt about my kids - their births suit them so well. Kesenia's life has been as full of love, surprise, and joy as her birth.

1 comment: