Monday, September 15, 2008

Just a few random things...

I was at Heart and Hands advanced training all weekend, and I apparently didn't take very good care of myself, especially in regards to getting enough fluid:
This morning, I had a hard time getting enough oxygen. I felt dehydrated and was drinking a lot of water, but it just wasn't going away. Not to a scary degree, just very uncomfortable. I just wanted to lay down and concentrate on breathing. So I called Mason and she said it was probably dehydration bad enough that I needed electrolyte drink. She also said that Donovan might just be in a position where he was pushing on my blood vessels - since he is big he could do that regardless of my position, depending on his position. It did feel similar to when I lie on my back, that fish out of water feeling. So, I drank 16 oz of Recharge, went to lie down on my left side, with Kes playing with my hair (unfortunately we both fell asleep, so she is still awake tonight), woke up and drank some more Recharge (and water, and soymilk) throughout the day, and was feeling OK. Tired but OK. I just wanted to drink and not eat most of the day, until around 3. I had a ton of food between 3 and 6, and I am still snacking. But now I am feeling weaker and a little dizzy but am not short of breath... pulled out the second bottle of Recharge, hopefully that and going to bed soon (c'mon kids go to sleep) will help me have a much better day tomorrow.

Tonight, Eliana lost her second tooth! She got blood all over her hand and her chin, but stayed calm.

Favorite Kessa word today: theetth (sheets)

We got Eliana's first homework packet today. They get sent home on Mondays and are supposed to be returned Fridays. It was 16 pages so I had her do 4 tonight. She did great. She really set herself to work. She read the directions for each page and remembered them really well, going back to reread if she didn't. A couple times she wanted to do something extra that was not in the directions and I just reminded her to follow directions. She also remembered to put her name on 2 of the pages and I had to remind her on the other two (she figured it out just by my saying something was missing). It's fun watching her do this work. The fact that it does not come from me helps so much!

Eliana also told me that she needs to do a better job listening at kindergarten because she missed some directions that the teacher gave. It was cute, she was totally matter-of-fact about it, like she was just processing it out loud by telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment