Sunday, September 28, 2008

The most terrible dream

The other morning Eliana woke up crying. I went in and asked her what was wrong. She said, "I had the most terrible dream!" I asked what it was about. She said:

"The cars were going way too fast and I was walking, and one scooped me up and flinged me and I said, "Goodbye Mama" and you said "Goodbye Elly."

And she burst into tears again. She cried off and on for the next 20 minutes, telling me about the dream over and over again, how we were never going to see each other again because she was going to be stuck in the sky. At one point I tried to refocus her on the reality before her - cuddling Mommy in her own bed - and she just said, "Yeah. And I don't want that to ever happen in real life!" and started crying again. It was so very sad, she had me crying!

Finally Kes came in and did something silly and snapped her out of it. But at bedtime that night, she told my dad about the dream and she was afraid to go to sleep.

I liked bad dreams about monsters and lions better.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like she is feeling like she's going to be "left behind" with the new baby, huh?? You're such a great mama!!

    ReplyDelete