Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Elly conversations

"Mama, the cars are driving fast, and I don't want them to hit us."
Me: "That's why Mommy follows the traffic rules to keep us safe. I drive in the right direction, I stop at red lights and go at green lights, and I watch where the other cars are so I don't bump into them."
Elly: "OK, be very careful. I don't want to donk the cars because then we will fell out and be on the street where all the cars are vrooming." (This conversation happened today, and is very representative of a current preoccupation with car safety, especially making sure that we are driving the same way the other cars are going and that cars on the other side of the street can't/won't cross into our side.)

Elly:"Is Daddy going to be home when we get home?"
Me: "No honey. I don't know if he'll be home before you go to bed tonight either."
Elly: (falling to pieces) "I want my Daddy!" (collects herself) "Mama, where is Daddy?"
Me: "Daddy's at work."
Elly: (falling to pieces) "I don't want him to be at work!" (collects herself) "Oh, sad Elly."

No comments:

Post a Comment