Wednesday, July 5, 2006

More things to remember

Kes says "tickle-tickle" - tickohtickohtickoh, and on the "ti" her tongue sticks out. She says it whenever I tickle her, and sometimes she tickles me and says it, but my favorite is when I hear it from the backseat and I know she's tickling her own toes.

Me: Elly, can you touch the sky?
Elly: (reaching up) No.
Me: Can you touch the floor?
Elly: (touching floor) Yes!
Me: Can you touch your toes?
Elly: (touching toes) Yes!
Me: Can you touch Daddy?
Elly: (thinks about it) I can touch Daddy's body, but I can't touch his head, because him's too tall.

Kes is crawling full-speed (and loves to play chase) and can crawl up a step and has crawled down it, though occasionally she gets stuck in both directions. She can pull up to standing on pretty much anything now.

Last week I saw a glimpse of the beginning of the end of nursing. Kes refused the breast in favor of real food. I was heartened by the fact that she still wanted to nurse when she was done eating, but now I am just hoping that the decline from here is very, very slow going. I'm not ready to give this up anytime soon, and I hope she agrees with me, since she's in the driver's seat.

Eliana started preschool and gymnastics last week. She loved preschool - barely even kissed me goodbye, wouldn't look up from her playdough to let me get a good picture, didn't want to leave. Gymnastics went well too, despite a couple moments when she got scared about the task at hand and had near-freakouts, but she ended up loving it so much she cried when it was over. Today was her second day of preschool and it was a little rougher on her - the teacher called me and said she'd asked to go home a couple times, but that she was now playing happily and by the end of the day she hadn't asked again. She is just so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment