Friday, May 26, 2006

Mastitis... again.

It was a fine day yesterday, woke up feeling good, got some things accomplished, and then...
12:30 "Gee, my breast kind of hurts."
1:30 "Yikes, my breast really hurts. I better express."
2:30 "Hmmm... is it possible to be hit by a mack truck without seeing it pass by?" Spiked a 102 fever, massive chills. I have not felt so bad since I had pneumonia.

I somehow kept the kids fed and relatively happy until Scott got home at 7. He then took over while I went to bed, except for when I woke up at 8 to nurse Kes at bedtime and at her first night feeding. The extra sleep helped a lot and today I just feel like I have regular mastitis rather than feeling like I've got one toe in the hospital door. It's Scott's birthday tomorrow, though, and I have a feeling I'm going to have to spoil him in a couple days instead of giving him an easy day tomorrow, because I'm not going to be able to do the laundry and childcare tomorrow if I want this to go away.

Last night I woke up to Kes licking my face. She must've scooted over to me without me noticing. After the shock wore off from something wet on my lips in the middle of the night, I realized she had her arm around my neck and her hand on my cheek and that she was licking me. She wasn't confusing my face for a breast, as this was a very protruded tongue, not a latch at all, though I have a feeling she was breast-seeking in the first place. I smiled when I figured out what I had, and she giggled, and we nursed back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment