Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Thoughtful conversations

Me: Kes got burned today but Elly isn't a bit red. And Kes was even shaded.
Scott: Elly, did you get your daddy's skin?
Elly: No, I have MY skin. Do YOU have your skin, Daddy?


Elly: Mama, it's a prettyful day outside. Look, what's that? What's that lawn? It's beautiful.
Me: What's beautiful, honey?
Elly: That world out there is beautiful. All that world. It's a beautiful day, it's a sun day out my window. Mom, is it Sunday?


Me: Ow, I donked myself.
Elly: Oh, well I will make you feel better. (runs to get her blankie) There, here's blank. (I put blank on my nose) I will share it with you! (Elly puts blank on her nose.) There, Mama, are you feel better now?
Me: Yes I feel much better. My owie is going away.
Elly: I took good care of you. Awwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment