Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Mouse Place

Last night was Elly's preschool friend Molly's 4th birthday party... at Chuck E Cheese. Somehow I made it through 4 years of parenting without taking my kids there. Now I wonder why I thought it would be so bad. We all had a great time.

At first I went around with the kids and they. were. so. cute! Kes was doing her little swagger-march (picture marching knees with a swagger in the shoulders) all over the place, and really enjoyed playing with Cassandra (a friend from Tot Shabbat, whom she'll go to preschool with for 2 years). Eliana adored the rides and going through the tunnels.

After dinner, I stayed to socialize with the other preschool mamas and let the kids go play. (I love the security at the door.) I gave Elly one token to go on a ride and tell her to find Kessa and she'd get her next token when she came back to tell me where Kessa was. She loved this system. She felt very important that she was reporting on Kes. And, since I'd never given her a bunch of tokens, she thought it was pretty cool that she got to choose her rides and use her tokens all by herself. And it worked for me, since while I thought the security at the door was great, I still wanted to be able to know how they were doing every few minutes, and now I didn't have to get up.

All in all it was a great evening and we will be going back sometime in the future, with less trepidation on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment