Friday, August 3, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes

I caught Elly staring at my breasts while I was changing this morning. I said, "what are you noticing about my breasts?"
Elly: "Oh. They're so funky."
Me: "What's funky about them?"
Elly: "Just how they wiggle. Can you do that again?"

Kes, today, on the real phone but not connected to anyone, walking aimlessly around the house: "Ello? Hi Glamma! How a you? Fine. Yeah. I playing a titter. Uh-huh. Wow! A goo bye-bye a Mommy. A park." This went on so long that I started to wonder whether she'd somehow managed to redial my mother!

The girls have been playing together a ton lately. They spent two whole days off playing, all over the house, with very few fights and lots of giggling. Their cooperation impresses me. Elly often figures out a way to include Kes in what she is doing so that they are both satisfied with their roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment