Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby update, 30 weeks

Baby is healthy. After spending an unnecessarily long amount of time sideways in my belly (in my opinion anyway), he's finally moved to vertical, and better than just vertical, head-down. He's more active than Kes was in utero, but less than Elly (phew!), and I think he's very strong for his size. Every midwife visit, he checks out fabulously for growth and heart rate.

And, he has a name. Unlike my other two pregnancies, when I felt I needed to see the baby first to confirm the name, and when I couldn't understand why people called their babies by name before they were born, this pregnancy I have had the urge the entire time to name him and talk to him using his name. Scott and I chose this name a number of weeks ago, and since neither of us have changed our minds since, we've started using his name and are ready to share: our little boy is Donovan Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment